sexta-feira, 4 de março de 2011

These hands



















These hands


These are the hands

that held me up high

higher and higher

till I touched the sky



These are the hands

that would lovingly wipe

the tears from my cheeks

When I fell off my bike



These are the hands

that would tickle my side

till I'd wiggle and giggle

and laugh till I cried



These are the hands

that dressed me up warm

they'd button and tuck

to keep me safe from the storm



These are the hands

that now need my care

as I bathe her and dress her

and brush her gray hair



These are the hands

that once were so mighty

they now need my help

to button her nightie



These are the hands

that I'm happy to hold

to keep her from harm

and to ward off the cold



These are the hands.....

"That taught me to love"






(Poem found on Google, I do not know to whom it belongs.)

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário